This document is meant as a guide for the optimal settings for setting up a new Adwords campaign. By no means are the the best, or the be all end all, settings; but rather just to be users as a base point for staff at Hiilite to use when doing a new client setup.
- Type : Search Network only – All features
- Bid Strategy:
Focus on conversions (when possible)
Focus on clicks
- + Enable Enhanced CPC
- Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping
- Ad rotation:
Optimize for conversions
This can be set once the campaign has some data (usually at least 2 weeks worth). Set the Bid adj. for the highest converting or CTR to a max of 20%.
This can be set once the campaign has some data (usually at least 2 weeks worth).
Bid adj. Mobile to Increase to a max of 20% if Conv. or CTR is higher then desktop.
Decrease by a max of 10% is desktop CTR or Conv. is higher
Each ad-group in any given search campaign should have the following Ad types:
- Text ad (with Keyword targeting)
- Dynamic search ad
- Call-only Ad
- Delete keywords with “low search volume”
- Change keywords with Quality Score below 5 to either “phrase match” or [exact match], else delete
- Add an Automate rule to “Increase keyword bids to top of page CPC”Requirements: Impressions >= 5
- Email results: No emails
Add negative keyword list found in Drive
Add terms that have good CTR
Add Remarking list
Targeting -> Interests & remarketing -> All Users -> Target and bid
Required: Location extension, Call extension
Add a Dynamic Ad Target for “All webpages”